Mar 1, 2008

St Patricks Day ATCs

Well I had time to play today!! I decided to make some St Patty's Day ATCs. I don't normally do holiday stuff esp Leprechaun day ... so this is a first for me. Any who this first one has an image from Altered Pages. O and the crown is also an AP image. Just because it doesn't say Happy St Pats day doesn't mean it cant be used. :p















These next too are from Inka I have noticed I don't do a lot of boy art so I did too for Green Day.

















Something I have to share! I had a really nice email today something I really wasn't expecting at all. An artist friend of mine said she is inspired by my design. She loves the fact that I have a mixture of vintage and bright colors. She said I'm not afraid to use those colors together and work out of the color palette. Every time she goes to my blog she has no idea what to expect and is inspired each time.

I almost died laughing. Considering I have no clue what the color palette is supposed to do. I am AFRAID to use the colors together that are "supposed" to go together. In fact I have no clue as to which color goes with what. Anyway just thought I would share this with you all!

Is there anyone else out there that has no clue what that color palette is for? In the artists world do we really use the color palette? Isn't it just supposed to be let it flow or go where your muse takes you. I don't know I just make what I make and never really thought about color. Thanks for your email my friend!

10 comments:

Cynthia St Charles said...

I enjoyed viewing your blog - I found you through Art Blogs 4 U, since I get the comment each time someone asks to join.

I am a textile artist but have started working with paper some. Please tell me where you get your photos. Do you have a book of them or is there a place to purchase them? Or do you find them at estate sales? I am curious. I have old family photos, but they are not very interesting. Thanks

Lee W. said...

Laughing... color paletee... how funny! (I know what you mean). I just do what looks nice. But it's true, bright colors can be such a great change! Your boy art is cute- I have 2 boys and have so much trouble finding pictures!

Carrie said...

Even if I had a color palette...I wouldn't know how to use it! I just go with the flow and see what looks nice together! But I must say...your work is VERY inspiring...I just found your blog about a week ago and I enjoy visiting it everyday! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work! ~Hugs~

Healing Expressions said...

Thanks for your sweet words on my blog! How fun to find your blog!
Creative Blessings!
Lani

Inka said...

It is true Melissa, you do always come up with the unexpected to our delight! If you muse would like to take a vacation tell her to come on over to my studio :)) oh and these little atc’s are to die for!

Lisa West said...

I just checked out some posts from your labels. I love the shrink wrap charms. I will have to try that. Love your blog and ideas.
Lisa

Lori Roberts said...

Top of the morning Lassie! You have been tagged, go to my blog and see and also someone else that we both know has been tagged. Do you think he will do it?? LOL!!!

Pherenike said...

Hi, green is good. and blue. and red and purple and yellow....

Dawn said...

Beautiful imagery, and hey!who needs a color palette when you create your own wonderful work - inspired too...

Zora said...

Lovin' the St. Pat's day ATC's. Good use of an awesome holiday to create some art. I love the the top hats! Your blog is very well done; it's what I aspire to with mine. Thanks for putting your stuff out there for inspiration!
Susan
wheniamlaughing@blogspot.com