Feb 6, 2008

Who says Valentines have to be red and pink?



I made some more Valentines! I wanted to mix things up a bit and try something new. Who wrote the book about Valentines being red or pink? So instead of those colors I chose something a bit different. Blue and purple! How cool is that? Check out my new non red Valentines!!

"Happy enchanting Valentines Day" has an image from inka stamps.

My little boy "Although our love is over" uses an image from Altered Pages.

So heres my challenge to you!! Lets see you make some Valentines without using the traditional colors. I think using different colors makes it more handmade or more thoughtful IMO of course. Seems to be more creative rather then the same ol same ol...

Comments always welcome!!

14 comments:

Dawn said...

Yay!! love the way you have torn up the "rule" book....really great job xxx

Beth said...

Love the colors.....very original. Red and pink are over rated, don't you think? Hee HEe Hee
Beth

altered melissa said...

dawn haha too funny!! hope i dont get in trouble!


i do agree on that beth!! i am sick of the same ol same ol red and pink!! Tfl!!

Inka said...

So uniquely you, brilliant idea! love, love it!

Lori Roberts said...

Well Mel you did it again! Nice job! Like the way you took the silk flowers and made the wings! Your spirit is second to none...well maybe just one other! LOL!

Mary Lynn in Texas said...

I love these! With such great results, why would anyone want to make only red or pink! I am going to do some experimenting too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jeri said...

I really like your art!

Michelle said...

Beautiful!

Having a charm swap...care to join?

Chiara said...

just beautiful. I am adding you to my faves.

A bird in the hand said...

You're a breath of fresh air! I agree with you about your scrapbooking too, using your own embellishments and your imagination. You are no cookie-cutter -- Hooray!

Enzie Shahmiri said...

I have found your blog through My One World - One Heart Giveaway and wanted to invite you to participate in my One World-One Heart Give Away of a pen and ink drawing

Lee W. said...

I hear ya! I am in a v-day swap- and I'm sick of pink already!! I've been using blue, a corally-red, nad teal!!

Gabrielle Madsen said...

Very well said indeed, nice work!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Melissa,

You have won my One Heart, One World give-away!! Congrats!!

I have links on my blog to click to send me email ... (at top and side) ... please email me with your snail mail info so I can send you my pack of 6 cards.

Congrats!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.YourArtMarketing.com