Nov 20, 2007

Coffee stained water colored tags


WaterColors are NOT my favorite medium!!




I took 3 of my coffee stained tags and added some water color paints to them. The way I did it was by soaking my tags in water to get them wet, then I crumbled them and just blotted some water color paints on them. The tags being wet made the paint bleed just like on water color paper. TFL!


I really don't like to work too much with water color paints! Just like alcohol inks it turns out like mush!! I think the whole idea of blending colors makes me nervous cause I just can't get the right colors together.


5 comments:

Tesse said...

LOVELY!! I really like the middle one. I am going to have to try that color combination! :) Tesse

Lori Roberts said...

My favorite is on the far right! But I love them all! Good job Mel!

morningDove said...

I like your tags, the crumpled look and bright colors are great.

Casey said...

I think they turned out great! It's so funny that we all get the same instructions, but they are still so unique.

The Carolina Quilter said...

Looks like you got the hang of it to me! Haven't used watercolor in years but may give it a try when I branch more into art quilts.